Adapted from “Mrs. Emily Whaley”
*This dish can feed 2-20 people with no problem. When I make it, I usually find the chicken breast on sale and can get 12-13 pieces for between $9 and $11. Depending on who I am feeding, I typically freeze a portion of the meat. To make it stretch even further, cut the breasts in half-width wise.
What You Need:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Lg Zip-Lock Bags
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 oil (olive or veg)
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
*To make this fast and cheap you can buy a nice marinade or use your favorite wet ingredients to create your own.
What to do:
*Make marinade ahead of time or before you make your dish. It turns out great either way. However, the longer you marinate the more flavor your chicken will have.
- Dry chicken with paper towel
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste
- Smash garlic clove with flat side of a large knife and remove peel
- Add chicken, wine, vinegar, oil, fresh thyme and garlic to zip-lock bag. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into bag. Cut lemon in half again and throw into bag. Seal bag and massage gentle make sure meat is covered with marinade. Refrigerate until you bake. If you are using right away, keep out to come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat over to 500 degrees
- Combine in other zip-lock bag parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Take chicken from marinade and place all into bread crumb bag. Seal and gently toss until chicken is covered with bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in an uncovered, oven safe, baking dish and bake for 15 mins. *Don’t open oven. Shut oven off after 15 mins and let chicken continue to bake for another 5 mins. Remove and serve the most juicy, tender, baked chicken breast you’ve ever had!