What You Need:
- 1 large onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 pinches (3 tsp) of red pepper flakes
- 1 small 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 large 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vodka (any kind will do, don’t spend a lot of money)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 – 2 lbs penne pasta (depending on how many you’re feeding)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
* You can add any type of meat you’d like. Italian sausage, chicken, shrimp even pork.
What to do:
- Chop onion and garlic.
- In a med/lg pot add oil, onion, salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes and garlic ( don’t add garlic too so or it will burn). Soften onion and garlic with spices on med heat for about 8 mins.
- Turn down flame *VERY IMPORTANT and add vodka. Let cook for another 8 mins or so.
- Add tomato paste and incorporate well with mixture.
- Add crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add Heavy creamy and cheese, mix well and let cook for about 10-15 mins on low heat.
- Chop and add basil to vodka sauce. I love fresh basil and add a lot, you can add by taste. I probably add 1/2 a cup to a whole cup unchopped.
- Serve with penne pasta and watch everyone smile.